The workshop aims at providing a focus on the state-of-the-art research in the field of statistical models and learning techniques in different areas of clustering and classification. Scientific discussions and debates among young and senior researchers are strongly encouraged. The workshop will take place through online webinars on September 2020 with the support of the Italian Statistical Society and the Classification and Data Analysis Group (CLADAG).
Malgorzata Bogdan (Poland), Andrea Cerioli (Italy), Alfonso Gordaliza (Spain), Salvatore Ingrassia (Italy), Julien Jacques (France), Angela Montanari (Italy), Roberto Rocci (Italy), Jeroen K. Vermunt (The Netherlands), Maurizio Vichi (Italy), Weixin Yao (USA).
The workshop will run on September 2020 according to the following schedule:
Wednesday 2, h. 15.30-18
Friday 4, h. 15.30-18
Friday 11, h. 15.30-18
Friday 18, h. 15.30-18
Friday 25, h. 15-30-18
(Central European Summer Time)
The scientific program of the workshop is based on:
5 main lectures (40'+15' discussion)
15 oral presentations organized in 5 talk sessions (20' for each talk + 10' discussion for each talk).
Discussion will be introduced by a discussant. Comments and questions from attendees will be handled by the discussant.
CONFIRMED KEYNOTE LECTURERS
- Gianluca BONTEMPI (Machine Learning Group - Département d'Informatique, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
- Jiahua CHEN (Department of Statistics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada)
- Juan Antonio CUESTA ALBERTOS (Departamento de Matemáticas, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Cantabria, Spain)
- Elisabeth GASSIAT (Laboratoire de Mathématiques d'Orsay, Université Paris-Sud, France)
- Thomas Brendan MURPHY (University College Dublin, School of Mathematics & Statistics, Dublin, Ireland)
June 12, 2020: Submission of a 4 page short paper (according to the template here) via email to: email@example.com. Accepted papers will be published on a electronic book.
July 10, 2020: Notification of the acceptance.
July 25, 2020: Payment of registration fee (standard registration: EUR 50). Late registration (after July 25, 2030): EUR 80
August 26, 2020: Submission of the slides and references (to be uploaded in the dropbox folder).
For more information, visit: http://mbc2.unict.it/
The registration fee includes workshop material.